Thursday, July 28, 2011

San Diego - 6 Morning

We are having a great time in San Diego.  We went to the beach a couple days ago and the water felt awesome.  Yesterday we went to Balboa Park and I had hoped to go to the Championship Sports Hall of Fame museum but it was only open from 10am to 4:30pm so it was already closed during our evening visit.  Today my group is going to a barbeque at the Adult Day Care.  We are having a fantastic time in San Diego.

Kyle DeWeerd-8th grade

Kyle (far left) and Tara (forefront) help residents draw at the Senior Day Care Center






On the 3rd room from the left in the New Life Church in San Diego, California in the United States, NorthAmerica, Earth, Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, I am having alot of fun.  I have been helping out at the Special Delivery Program here and it delivers food to the people who have illnesses and can't make their own meals.  We also worked at the food bank where I won the smallest potato contest.  We got to wear hair nets, aprons, and gloves.  We also visited the beach and that was really fun because I got to play in the waves and dig holes that were 2 feet deep.  We also have been playing with the neighborhood kids around the church and we have lots of fun with them.

Zachary William Reddish
Grade 7

Zach Reddish digs in the sand at the Pacific
Ocean on Coronado Beach







Another early morning! This amazing and eye-opening experience has flown by very fast. It is amazing how the van ride here seemed so long and being in San Diego is almost over! The whole group has worked very hard on every work site we have been to. God has really worked through every kid here to make San Diego a better city. I have really enjoyed getting to know other kids from my own church and the kids from Washington. I also really enjoyed talking to the people I served. I know I will have these memories for a very long time.

P.S. I love you mommy and daddy and don't worry about me!

Maggie Tibbitt
Grade 7




Maggie (right) with Delia, one of the residents at the Day Center




It's been a great experience getting to feed the homeless. I love all the people we were able to meet. It was also cool that people from a different state were helping out with us too. (THANKS WASHINGTON STATE KIDS!!)

Julia Angevine
Grade 8

Julia (left) and Claire colorfully and exquisitely display 2 of the 1,200 "Naked" brand fruit smoothly bottles (almost expired) that they are handing out to the residents of Saint Vincent's Village in their soup kitchen in Downtown San Diego

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Zach, Thanks for the blog, now I know EXACTLY where you are located! :0

Have a safe trip home, and I will see you Saturday night.

Love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Back in Colorado missing you guys already ;(. Have a safe drive back to the springs!
Kate & Maggie

Anonymous said...

P.S...to my van-mates in the COWBOY van - I saw a Wisconsin license plate on the drive home!
Kate

christine & sam said...

Claire we love you and hope you are feeling better. Koda also misses you. He brought us your big bear last night. Have a safe trip back. See you saturday Love mom and dad xxx

Starr's mom said...

I would like to thank you all for posting on this blog so frequently! I have really enjoyed reading it and seeing the photos. I am so impressed by all that you have accomplished in San Diego, you have blessed many. May you have a safe trip home. Thank you to the leaders, you've been wonderful. Starr, I can't wait to see you! I miss you more than ever. Your sisters are counting the days. To Tiara, you hold a special place in my heart.
Love you girls!

Borst said...

It is so good to hear so many stories of God working in the lives of all of you. You each have an amazing gift that has been shared with you, so pay it forward. Don't stop it up for yourself, share it with others all around you there and at home.

Can we have a San Diego mission night where the kids can share what they learned or funny stories from the trip?

cowboy van said...

Hey Kate! We marked off Wisconsin. Thanks for the help- we miss u and Julia!

-your fellow cowboys :)