Wednesday, July 27, 2011

San Diego 5 Evening

Working in the food kitchen is pretty amazing.  I helped the handicapped people get their food trays and walked alot.  It is nice to see their faces of joy when I arrive with their food.
Last night we went to the beach at Coronado Island.  The water was so super cold that many of us wanted to leave as soon as we got there, but some other really nice people shared their beach fire with us so we stayed.

p.s. Josh and Claire are both sick and it sux. They were both lazy.

Love,
Anna Wilson


Anna Wilson (yellow top) and Josh Borst (red, white and gray trunks) at the Pacific Ocean's water's edge with other YouthWorks kids from both First Pres Colorado Springs and Vancouver, Washington on Coronado Beach





This week has been a very fun week and also an eventful one so far. I have made a bunch of new friends at the basketball camp where I work and I have 3 staples in the back of my head. I work at a basketball camp where kids that can't afford a camp can come for free and learn to play and have all sorts of fun. I am the only one in my YouthWorks group that plays basketball so I go out and do the drills and connect with the kids and I have a lot of new friends.  Unfortunately, yesterday I was sliding down a railing for fun and I fell backwards and slammed my head into the concrete below.  Now I have 3 staples in the back of my head and I somehow also strained my knee so I have a brace on it and I can't play basketball.  But, today I did what I could and I still hung with my friends and had fun. PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEE WUZ HERE,
Andrew Lee
9th Grade

This week has been absolutely amazing! My YouthWorks group called Laguna has been working at two different stations everyday. The first job is called "Special Delivery", run by an amazing woman named Ruth who has run the non-profit organization for twenty years with entirely volunteers. We make meals for people with AIDS and other diseases.  In the second half of the day, we go to the food bank and check for rotting food and pack boxes for the needy. God has been in so many places through out this trip and I'm really glad I came.  I'm having an amazing time :)

Love,
Anna Hortik
Grade 8
God Bless!

Anna Hortik (far right) enjoying fellowship at sunset with Holly (center) and Sydney (left) at Mount Soledad, the highest point in San Diego overlooking the Pacific Ocean, La Jolla, Mission Bay, and Downtown San Diego

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I was a bit behind in reading the blog, but am SO impressed and appreciative of your faithful reports! I too am all bleary eyed for many reasons! I think we all are thankful for the staff and parent volunteers taking care of our kids. Colin, you seem to have the gift of urgent care ministry!—and you handle it with such love & grace! (memories for us!)

Prayers for the rest of your time—that each of you will know a bit more of God, and his love and wonder as you continue your experience. May you see him meet you in everything!

Nate, we miss you fuzzy! (did you steal Jessie's purple towel? it's gone missing!!) :) Be ready—the Brits are coming on Sunday!

love, Ma, Pa, Jessie & Eli