Sunday, July 24, 2011

San Diego -2 Evening

Today we drove for another 8 hours. As we entered California, we saw the border of Mexico and the United States which has a big fence and we also saw the All American Channel which has lots of water in it. There were two border checkpoints on the highway where they check every car for illegal aliens from Mexico trying to sneak into the US.  We also had many rest stops. The New Life Assembly Church where we are staying is very fun and has a lot of space. We had Club tonight, where the whole group comes together to sing and worship God. There is another church group from Washington here including 20 kids and 4 leaders.  I am looking forward to service projects tomorrow and enjoying California as a whole.

Will
8th grade

Today we have arrived in the city known as San Diego. To me, it looks almost the same as some other major cities in the desert that we have driven through to get here, only bigger.  I am sure as the week progresses, I will begin to see its quirks and uniqueness, not to mention the ocean. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised with the pictureesque look of our church. The girls have been deemed to sleep in the chapel area and so we have mostly taken to sleeping on pews. It may seem a little odd but I believe it feels very... right too ... like it was meant to be so. The water here is grotesce as the texture and cloudy taste is inferior to the crispness of water at home. The church has a little playground outside the main building and for our game tonight we played there. It is quaint, but also very fitting. There were obvious signs of loving by the locals and seemed like somewhere many childhood memories would be made. I am excited to begin work and really see what San Diego will hold for me and how God will appear in my life during the trip and on the work sites. I think my favorite variation of the trip from before is having my younger sister, Robyn to accompany me because it gives me a rare opportunity to see God working through her too. I have noticed when she is paying attention to the lessons, that she is really hearing what they are trying to say and its uplifting.

- Tara Camera   9th Grade


Border Patrol car at one of the highway checkpoints



Chloe Lewis hugs the famous Arizona Saquaro...OUCH.


New Life Church Assembly San Diego (Host site for overnights, breakfasts and dinners & Club)

Kids and adult leaders enjoy the first night of Club singing

1 comment:

Sherina and Adam said...

Hello to all! We are relieved to hear that you've arrived safely. May God bless you as you spread His word and love in San Diego. To our sweet Starr, we miss you and are glad that you're having a great time. We are so proud of you and love you very much! You are amazing in every way.
Love, Mom and Dad