Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rapid City - 7

Hey all!

This is going to be super quick because it is almost midnight and tomorrow is going to be early and super long!

Tonight we had a foot washing ceremony, which always makes me cringe unless I JUST had a pedicure! But it was so precious. Michelle Cage immediately joined the YouthWorks staff member in washing my feet and prayed an amazing prayer on my behalf... from there it just seemed to snowball for the ladies (I can't really speak for the guys because they were on the other side of the room with Randy and John). There are few things more humbling for a youth director than youth who actually PRAY for each other, hug each other, care for each other. I know these experiences can be fleeting, but I pray this one isn't. I pray it is a seed in these young lives that grows a huge harvest for the Kingdom of God. I pray that truth was spoken over each child that helps them see the truth of the Gospel of Christ and propels them to seek their own special calling in the world.

I was blessed.

Katie Harris, Youth Associate

No comments: