Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I have really enjoyed my week so far in Vancouver. The people I have met and the places I have seen are so beautiful! Before I arrived, I really had no idea what to expect. The group I am in is ministering to a local church and helping with their camp for kids. On the first day I was assigned to the kitchen to make snacks and meals. At first I didn't really see the significance in this. I had this notion in my mind that serving God is all about the "big things," like working with the homeless. But over the past few days, I have come to realize that as long as you are serving God it doesn't matter what exactly you are doing. God is in all things, big and small.  

Julia Morin 
12th Grade
Evangelical Christian Academy

1 comment:

Alan said...

Honestly I struggle with being God's servant in the "little" things. I get caught in the trap of thinking that everything I do for God needs to be big and grand. I realize that I need to focus on the small things as well. Being a courteous driver is something I struggle with...but I know that is a more powerful witness than most anything else I do on a day to day basis. Your experience has hit close to home for me!