Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Serving Springs #1


 
    For the past two days I have been working at the Inn at the Garden Plaza. I have meet so many great people, like one resident Randy who sold guitars and other sting interments for a living and has met some of the biggest names in music like Ricky Skaggs and Bill Monroe "father of American blue grass".   And I have serverd with Care and Share, doing sorting, unloading, and packing. Thank you Care & Share, Inn at the Garden Plaza.

   - Grant  (grade 7)


 We are having a great week.  The kids are working hard at their work sites and many of them have stories about fun and interesting people.  Last night we visited a family in our church that lives in the burn area and has neighbors who have lost homes.  Another member who lost her home came and talked to our kids.  It was a powerful experience.  God is clearly at work this week and we are looking forward to another great day.  Please keep praying for our kids and leaders. 

- Collin (leader)


This week has been great! I have been working with Family Life Services from 9-12. I have been picking up trash, pulling weeds, and digging dirt. It may not sound pretty, but it's been fun to get to know my group while doing it. Then from 1-4 my group and I go to Zach's Place to hang out with the handicapped kids there. Even though they have disabilities, they are all unique and just like us. Yesterday, we got to go bowling with them. It is so cool to see all the kids having fun and bowling.
Oh, and I also arm-wrestled one of the kids there. I thought he would win, but I won twice. I'm pretty proud of that ;)

- Brooke (8th grade)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Serving Springs, Just want u all 2 know that we r lifting u up in prayer, ur mission is in r thoughts regularly. We r proud of all of u 4 taking on this challenge. We know u r changing lives!!
Karen & Shawn McGee